Hurricane season officially began Saturday and forecasters at NOAA’s National Hurricane Center are predicting another above-average season with 13 to 20 named storms, including 7 to 11 hurricanes.
Stevens & Stevens is committed to helping you be prepared this Hurricane Season. The following links provide excellent information on Hurricane Preparedness.
- Hurricane_Safety_Checklist: Download the Red Cross Hurricane Safety Checklist.
- Red Cross Hurricane Tracker App: Download the American Red Cross Hurricane Tracker App to monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out.
- NOAA National Hurricane Center: The National Hurricane Center website has all up to date advisories available, as well as a wealth of storm related resources and publications.
- NOAA Storm Prediction Center: The Storm Prediction Center’s mission is to provide timely and accurate forecasts and watches for severe thunderstorms and tornadoes over the contiguous United States. The SPC also monitors heavy rain, heavy snow, and fire weather events across the U.S. and issues specific products for those hazards.
- Wireless Emergency Alerts: Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) send free informational text messages to WEA-enabled cell phones within range of an imminent and dangerous local situation, severe weather event, or AMBER emergency. Check for mobile carrier specific information at CTIA – The Wireless Association.
- Are you prepared?: Download our “4 Things to Ask Before the Storm” brochure.