Records Management Industry is Embracing Technology
Technology has introduced significant changes in the records management industry. Knowing what’s new and how it can help you manage your records is critical in making a decision on who to do business with. With our fast-paced lifestyles, keeping up with the changes is sometimes hard to do. Here’s the latest on what’s trending in the industry.
- Electronic Records Management – Digital records technology has transformed the records management protocols in many industries including healthcare, legal and governmental institutions, providing easy document access for mobile users.
- Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) – Using computer chips on labels or documents allows the user to track where a document is at all times, eliminating lost time searching for records.
- Barcode tracking and inventory – Using standard industry barcode technology, you now have the ability to find and access your documents with a simple scan of a barcode. This can be used for storage containers, file folders or even digital media platforms.
- Digital Document Scanning – Like it or not, paper documents are still part of our day to day life and our personal and business transactions. By scanning all of your documents you not only simplify the process of retrieving your records, but you’ve also insured that you have a digital copy, an important consideration in the event of a disaster.
- Destruction of Digital Media – The rise of digital technologies not only brings speed and immediacy to the record-keeping process, but also gives criminals easier access to your records. New destruction methods can insure that hard drives and other digital media platforms are completely destroyed, making it impossible for data thieves to steal your information.
Don’t let technology pass you by! It’s time to embrace the newest and most secure records management technology. It can save you a lot of headaches.